Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program | BetterPlace Immigration


This program seeks to secure candidates with the specific skilled working experience. To apply for this program, applicants must also be planning to live outside Quebec.

The specific skilled working experiences being sought after are:

  • Management Job Experience

  • Professional Job Experience -  People usually need a degree from a university for these jobs (e.g. Doctors, Architects etc.)

  • Technical Jobs and Skilled Trades Experience - People usually need a college diploma or to train as an apprentice to do these jobs (e.g. Chefs, Electricians etc.)

Candidate must have at least one year of work experience or having at least 1,560 hours of paid work (continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time). Volunteer work and unpaid internships do not count. Furthermore, the paid work experience must have occurred within the last 10 years.

All applicants must pass a minimum language requirement in either English or French. Approved language test results will need to be provided to the visa office.

To qualify under the Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC), you must meet the 67 point pass mark which is determined by the six selection factors:

1. Education: Applicants can receive a maximum of 25 points for their education, depending on their academic qualifications.

2. Language Proficiency: A maximum of 28 points are available under the language proficiency selection factor. Since Canada has two official languages (French & English), you can choose which one will be your first official language (24 points) and which one will be your second (4 points). Proficiency in both English and French is NOT a requirement.

3. Age: A maximum of 12 points are awarded under this category. Applicants 36 or older begin to lose points under this selection factor.

4. Work Experience: Applicants can receive a maximum of 15 points under this selection factor. Candidates with 6 years or more of full‐time, skilled work experience, in the last 10 years, will receive the full 15 points.

5. Arranged Employment: A maximum of 10 points are available under the arranged employment factor. ONLY applicants with a skilled, full‐time job offer from a Canadian employer are eligible for these points. Furthermore, the Canadian employer would need to apply for, and be granted a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment before these points can be awarded.

6. Adaptability: Points for adaptability are awarded for aspects of your background that Immigration Canada feels will be an asset to your integration into Canadian society. Things like previous work or study experience as well as certain types of relatives can award additional points under this factor. In addition, if you are married and your spouse has a basic language proficiency in English or French, this can also add points to the application.

Let us help you in making Canada your new home


There are consultants who’ll ask for unnecessary documents and absurd fee for immigration programs. However, these people were spot on with the required documents and had a competitive fee. Eivy was always available on phone and emails and she understood the issue with application and guided me accordingly.


Manish Kaur, Civil Engineer, India


Why Canada?

In Canada you can fulfill your career aspirations, enjoy a high standard of living and a good quality of life, live in a democratic-free society, live in safe communities with low crime, live in a clean and healthy environment, have access for free education for your children, have access to free healthcare services and so much more.

How to start?

Complete our registration form. Our experts will review your information and determine whether you meet the candidacy requirements or not.

If you meet the requirements, you will be assigned with a Personal Account Manager who will contact you to provide you with a comprehensive overview about the offered services and register you to our Immigration Setup Package.

BetterPlace Immigration is a private website and it is not affiliated with the Canadian government. Our immigration services are being provided by Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs), members in good standing with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) and Immigration Quebec.

© All rights reserved to