The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is one of the most popular and successful pathways for skilled and experienced workers to move to the provinces of Canada and get permanent resident status. Aspiring immigrants under the PNP program must have met the necessary skills qualifications, work experience, and language abilities.
Provincial Nominee Programs
To qualify under PNP programs, the candidate must get nominated by a Canadian province where the provinces have their own criteria and arrangements set by Canada’s Provincial government. Those who get a provincial nomination may apply to IRCC to obtain permanent residence.
Canada’s PNP Programs 2022
With the aim of welcoming skilled workers to strengthen provincial and territorial economies and extend the benefits of immigration across Canada, there are a total of 11 territories and over 80 PNP streams that are enlisted in the program. Each program has a different set of criteria to meet and fulfill the labor force requirements of the province.
1. British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP)
2. Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
3. Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
4. Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (NSPNP)
5. Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP)
6. Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP)
7. New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP)
8. Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
9. Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program (SINP)
10. Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
11. Yukon Nominee Program (YNP)
Note: Quebec manages its own provincial authority to regulate the eligibility criteria for economic immigration.
The Canadian PNP Program Latest Draws and Updates
While in the year 2020, a total of 67,800 immigrants received PR through PNP Pathway, it was 71,300 immigrants in 2021 and the highest in the year 2022 which was 73,000 in number.
|In the Year||No. of Immigrants got PR status via PNP|
Know PNP’s Non-Express Entry or Express Entry Application Process
Many candidates get confused about deciding whether to apply for PNP through Non-Express Entry or Express Entry. But it actually depends on the PNP streams you are applying to. As the demand of the application process, it is suggested to clear a medical exam and police verification compulsorily.
Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) Step-by-Step Application Process
To get started with the process of applying for the Provincial Nominee Program 2022, you need to
1. Understand the Eligibility Requirements of the Canadian Province
2. Know about your eligibility.
3. Apply for PNP Program.
4. Keep track of application processing times
5. Get Ready with the requested documents
6. If nominated, apply for PR online.